2/18/2009

Progress for the Red Devils

In the premier league contest today between Fulham and Man U, the Red Devils were able to take away three points from the game. It only took 12 minutes for Man U to open their scoring with a shot from veteran Paul Scholes; he only needs 2 more to eclipse the century mark for goals in the Premier League. 18 minutes later, striker Berbatov also capitalized on his opportunity to put Man U up by 2 before entering the half. Mid-way through the second half, Rooney would also get a goal to seal the win. For Man U it was an enjoyable result with hopefully more to come. As manager Ferguson said, it's all about the mental strength of the players. With the win, they now go 5 points clear ahead of Liverpool. With only 13 games to go and 39 points up for grabs, it does look very hopeful that Man U will once again win the title.

Scholes during the Man U vs. Barcelona Championship game last year.














Over the past few days, I have become aware of some extremely funny videos on youtube that some of you may find very appealing. Check them out. Here is the link to one of them:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all, Scholes looks like a scarecrow in that picture. Secondly, a 5 point difference between first and second with 39 points left to be battled for isn't a big difference. Anyone who thinks that MANUre have the league championship in the bag is a complete n00b, like you Birin. Liverpool can still catch up, even more so now that Torres is back. MANUre play consistenly effective football, but not one that is pleasant on the eyes. Watch F.C. Barcelona if beautiful football is what you crave, lke me. CR7 a.k.a. Mr. Drag Queen isn't the best anymore. The EPL is still up for grabs. This site, unlike you Birin, is quite nice XD Peace.

Birin Padam said...

Michael, I write this blog as an opinion. I appreciate you expressing the way you view things, but this blog is for me to do what I truly enjoy - which is to write and talk about the sport I love. Personally, I like Man U and Barcelona and I also think both of their styles of play are very good. In fact, I clearly state in the last sentence that THINGS LOOK HOPEFUL, which means that I acknowledge that Man U has not won the league. Secondly, I am not a n00b as you state. I have been writing this blog since the end of 2005. So before you go on criticizing me, please get your facts right. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Lol, I can't believe you got upset. XD

Sociofluid